Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very rich pound cake is wonderful cut into very thin slices and topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream or with Fresh Peach and Blueberry Compote Fresh Peach and Blueberry Compote. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons anise seeds, ground
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (I use light)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- (I use the wrappers from the butter to grease pan) In a small bowl sift together flour and salt and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, vanilla and anise seed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream to mixture and beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake is golden and springs back when touched with fork.
Yes very rich and delish. I skip one stick of butter just couldn`t put it all in. I enjoyed the anise flavor.
This is a lovely cake. I cut the recipe in half to make one loaf in a 5 1/8 cup loaf pan, but retained all the recipe's ingredients and proportions. Thank you very much for this recipe.