Recipe by JasperJ
I like to make this after I get home late, just before going to bed. It's a variation on a very traditional drink which usually has just anise, sugar and milk as its ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1 cardamom pod, shelled and crushed
- 4 teaspoons honey (four large teaspoons)
- 1 cup milk (just fill the cup you're going to use to slightly less than the desired level)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the milk over medium heat, preferably in a pan with a thick bottom (and high enough, the milk will rise when starting to boil).
- Mix in the crushed anise, crushed cardamom and honey using a whisk. Beat the milk using the whisk to give it a layer of foam. Then let it stand (occasionally stirring it with the whisk) until it boils.
- Pour the milk into the cup through a strainer and let it cool a bit (it should still be hot, but not so hot that you'll burn your tongue, otherwise you won't taste much).