Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
We love this in the summer and it came from Better HOMES and Garden June 27, 1987
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, made into balls
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon, made into balls
- 1 cup red grapes or 1 cup green grape
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Place anice seed in the center of an 8 inch piece of cheese cloth.
- Bring edges together, tie with string.
- for marinate, in a small sauce pan, combine the anise seed bag, water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boiling point stirring til dissolves.
- Cook uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and the consistency of thin syrup (should have about 1 cup of syrup) Do Not Remove bag.
- Cool syrup slightly.
- Pour over prepared friit.
- Toss lightly til fruit is coated.
- Marinate in Frig several hours or over night.
- Remove bag and serve.
Sounds amasing I will have to try that sometime!