We love this in the summer and it came from Better HOMES and Garden June 27, 1987
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place anice seed in the center of an 8 inch piece of cheese cloth.
- 2Bring edges together, tie with string.
- 3for marinate, in a small sauce pan, combine the anise seed bag, water, sugar and lemon juice.
- 4Bring to a boiling point stirring til dissolves.
- 5Cook uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and the consistency of thin syrup (should have about 1 cup of syrup) Do Not Remove bag.
- 6Cool syrup slightly.
- 7Pour over prepared friit.
- 8Toss lightly til fruit is coated.
- 9Marinate in Frig several hours or over night.
- 10Remove bag and serve.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anise Marinated Fruit Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g