1/2 Photos of Anise/Licorice Cupcakes With Fluffy White Frosting
My Dad requested t cupcakes for his Birthday and want then to be licorice flavored with some bits of licorice on top. I did use real licorice root steeped in warm milk but for ease I'm posting this recipe using anise oil-extract. If you want to make it that way steep 1/4 ounce of the root in the warmed 1 cup milk, blend in a blender and let steep for 15 minutes don't forget to strain it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, Room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (Try Flavored Sugar or Splenda using the anise)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup
- licorice (or Good and Plenty, soft, chewy drops, nonpareil jellies and soft panned licorice balls)
Fluffy White Frosting
- 1Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and sift on to wax paper, set aside.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till smooth and well blended. Stir in extract and milk add to butter mixture alternating with the flour mixture.
- 3In a clean blow beat egg whites till stiff but still moist. Fold in gently 1/3 of the white into the batter, continue to fold in the remainder of the whites.
- 4Pour into cupcake tins lined with paper cupcake holders. Pour 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile prepare Fluffy White Frosting: Combine all ingredients except vanilla and anise in the top of a double boiler over boiling water. Beat with electric mixer for about 7 minutes, or until mixture will stand in stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla and anise extract.
- 6Cool completely then frost with a white frosting and top with your choice of licorice candy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anise/Licorice Cupcakes With Fluffy White Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g