Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dainty tea cookies that are simple to make.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons anise-flavored liqueur
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg yolk.
- Add flour and anise seed to butter mixture until blended.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 1/2 inch thick rope.
- Evenly space 4 ropes on each baking sheet. With the side of your little finger, press a 1/4 inch deep groove down the lenght of each rope.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until cookies just begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon strawberry jam into grooves. Bake until dough is firm to touch and slightly darker, 5 to 10 minutes more. Cool on pans 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir powdered sugar and liqueur until smooth.
- Drizzle mixture back and forth across cookie ropes. Cut ropes diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Cool, then serve, or store up to 3 days.