Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely little hyssop cookies.
- 1⁄3 cup anise hyssop, florets removed from stem
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 2 to 3 cookie sheets with aluminum foil (lightly greased).
- Chop florets fine.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs till thick and lemon-colored.
- Add sugar and flower petals and beat for 5 minutes, then add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add to egg mixture.
- Continue beating for 5 minutes longer.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets, spacing well apart.
- Bake till they begin to color (about 12 to 15 minutes).