Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Floral almond cookies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hyssop, anise hyssop florets removed from stem
- 1 extra large egg
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, in 12 pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Combine sugar and florets in a food processor and pulse till blended.
- Add egg and process about 1 minute.
- Add butter and vanilla and process about 1 minute.
- Mix flour and salt and add to processor; process about 20 seconds or till most of flour is incorporated.
- Add almonds and just mix - do not over process.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Divide into 3 parts and roll each into plastic wrap in a cylinder shape about 1½ to 2-inches in diameter.
- Chill for 1 hour or till firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice dough less than ¼-inch thick.
- Place at least ½-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes or till edges are golden brown.