Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Anise Flavored Cream with Fresh Orange Salad
- 4 1⁄3 tablespoons Pernod
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (Maizena)
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons crushed unsalted pistachios
- 4 oranges
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- Cooking time: 3 minutes.
- Utensils: Pans, cutting boards, knives, tablespoons, wood spoons, big bowls, blender.
- The cream.
- Pour the Pernod in a pan, warm it up and flame it. Add the milk and bring it to boil, stirring constantly. Let it cool down while adding 4 tablespoons of the Pernod milk mixture to the corn flour, and then slowly add the rest of the milk and sugar.
- Pour this preparation into a pan, warm over low to medium heat and continue stirring until the mixture becomes thick. Fill small glasses with this preparation and decorate with crushed pistachios. Place them in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- The orange salad.
- Peel the oranges exposing the flesh and slice them in thin circles. Warm the honey.
- Open the vanilla stick and let it infuse in warm honey.
- Place a few orange slices on a plate, dressed with honey and enjoy with the glass of anise-flavored cream.