Recipe by Connie K
These soft cookies are perfect for the holidays and special occassions, with a distinctive cinnamon-sugar coating. From Taste of Home Cookies.
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and aniseed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture; Add apple juice and mix well.
- On a floured surface, knead until well blended, about 4-5 minutes; Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut into 2-inch shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheets; bake at 375F for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; roll cookies in the mixture while still warm; cool on wire racks.