Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Iceberg-like pieces of ice cream melt quickly to mellow steaming-hot coffee. Mimic the idea for kids by using hot chocolate instead of coffee. This is for those who enjoy the flavor of anise.
- 1⁄3 cup dark roast ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds, crushed
- 2 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Measure coffee and anise seeds into a filter-lined coffeemaker basket.
- Pour water into water compartment.
- Place pot on heating element; let water drip through basket into pot.
- Meanwhile, carefully cut ice cream from package and cut into 8 long pieces.
- Place ice cream into cups.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of coffee around ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
Now this is good. I wasn't sure what to expect, licorice and coffee with ice cream. Well let me tell you, this is excellant. The anise seeds gives the coffee a slight exotic taste and blends perfectly with the coffee and ice cream. Resulting in a delicious cup of coffee...I garnished the coffee with a little fresh crushed anise seed...thanks for another winner!