Recipe by superbuna
Delicate cookies, perfect for Xmas platters. Flavor either with anise oil or crushed anise seeds. Make ahead and store in covered tin to develop flavors.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise oil, or
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed anise seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar gradually, beating till creamy.
- Add vanilla; add anise oil now if using it.
- Sift flour with baking powder; add to mixture beating it well.
- If you use anise seeds instead of anise oil, add it now.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Allow them to dry 12 hours or overnight.
- Bake for 12 minutes in 350 degree oven. Check to see if golden around edges. Do not allow them to get brown. Makes 50 1-1/2" cookies.
- Note: I use cooking spray or silicone sheets on cookie sheets---nothing sticks and no clean up.
- Cooking time included overnight drying time.