Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 hrs
Delicate cookies, perfect for Xmas platters. Flavor either with anise oil or crushed anise seeds. Make ahead and store in covered tin to develop flavors.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar gradually, beating till creamy.
- Add vanilla; add anise oil now if using it.
- Sift flour with baking powder; add to mixture beating it well.
- If you use anise seeds instead of anise oil, add it now.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Allow them to dry 12 hours or overnight.
- Bake for 12 minutes in 350 degree oven. Check to see if golden around edges. Do not allow them to get brown. Makes 50 1-1/2" cookies.
- Note: I use cooking spray or silicone sheets on cookie sheets---nothing sticks and no clean up.
- Cooking time included overnight drying time.