Recipe by Annacia
I much prefer to use my machine to do the mixing and kneading and then remove the dough to finish in the oven. This is a very tasty loaf and makes lovely toast.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I love the flavor combination in this bread! The true test though was how good it tastes the next day. We made French toast with day old bread and it was very delicious! I prepped the dough in an ABM, finished by shaping two loaves in 8x4 parchment-lined loaf pans and letting rise 25 minutes in a warm spot. The loaves were done baking after twenty five minutes @ 350 degrees. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Veg Tag July.
- 3⁄4 cup water (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose light crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add almonds.