1/2 Photos of Animal Shelter Puppy Treats
This recipe was found in Tasty Treats for Demanding Dogs by Gregg R. Gillespie. I made this recipe because it was a lower carb, higher protein treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 (4 ounce) jars beef baby food or 2 (4 ounce) jars chicken baby food
- 1Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2In a medium size bowl, mix the wheat germ and milk powder together with a fork; mix in the baby food.
- 3With floured hands pinch off small piece of the soft dough about the size of a green olive and roll into a ball.
- 4Place on ungreased cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper, flatten each ball slightly with back of fork tines and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool on cookie rack for 3 hours before placing in a container with a loose fitting lid.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Animal Shelter Puppy Treats
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 17.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g