Recipe by Chef Spice
I love animal cookies. But in the wintertime, who wants to run to the store to pick some up when you run out? So I searched for a recipe and I found two other than what is already listed on this site. Both were very similar, so I took the best of both. Now I can have my cookies anytime. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, ground
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Do not grease cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grind oats until fine using a blender or food processor.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, salt, flour, and baking soda.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until the butter lumps are smaller than peas.
- Stir in the buttermilk and honey to form a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch in thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- PREP TIME 30 Min COOK TIME 5-10 minutes.