Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A friend of mine makes these kebabs, said she had them while in the Caribbean. She found the recipe as I had to have it. Hope you enjoy. These can be made anytime of the year. We will grill them in the summer and broil in the winter.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Just fantastic!! I made this recipe as part of a large catering event I cooked for, and it was a huge hit! I decided not to cube the meat, and just cut the beef into thin strips instead, and then grilled them on the BBQ. GREAT flavour and very, very tasty. Now I want to make more so my family can eat them too :) Thanks for posting ~V~
- 2 lbs beef
- 1 tablespoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar (white)
- wood skewer (soaked in water for about 20 minutes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef on a cutting board and cut into large bite-size cubes.
- In a large bowl mix the vinegar, pineapple juice, molasses, pepper and salt.
- Put the beef in the mixture and coat well.
- For about 1 hour or more marinate the beef cubes at room temperature turning occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler/grill. Add the meat cubes on the skewers and pack them tightly. Use the marinade to baste the meat.
- Broil or grill the meat until they are done. If you are planning to use traditional broiler, cook for about 9 to 10 minutes -- cook time is roughly the same on the grill!