Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This recipe boasts the Caribbean Anguilla Island. Pleasurable pineapple chunks, and delicate steak covered with a marinade of molasses and vinegar. Posted for ZWT3 07' Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 12 pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the marinade; put the molasses, pineapple juice, vinegar, and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and add the marinade. Cover and leave in a cool places for at least one hour.
- Remove the steak and reserve the marinade for basting the kebabs.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters,
- Peel the onions and cut them into small chunks.
- Remove the ribs and seed from the green pepper and cut into squares.
- Thread steak, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and pineapple chunks alternately on to a 4 long or 8 short skewers.
- Brush skewers with marinade.
- Cook under a hot broiler, or grill outside for approximately 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting often.
- Serve with plain rice, or coconut rice.