Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe boasts the Caribbean Anguilla Island. Pleasurable pineapple chunks, and delicate steak covered with a marinade of molasses and vinegar. Posted for ZWT3 07' Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- Make the marinade; put the molasses, pineapple juice, vinegar, and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and add the marinade. Cover and leave in a cool places for at least one hour.
- Remove the steak and reserve the marinade for basting the kebabs.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters,
- Peel the onions and cut them into small chunks.
- Remove the ribs and seed from the green pepper and cut into squares.
- Thread steak, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and pineapple chunks alternately on to a 4 long or 8 short skewers.
- Brush skewers with marinade.
- Cook under a hot broiler, or grill outside for approximately 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting often.
- Serve with plain rice, or coconut rice.
Marinade was excellent and we will use again. We used goat meat instead of beef. Was tasty.
Great all round! Both a very nice marinade and a wonderful mix of flavors on the kebabs. I used some beef from the butcher that was already cubed a bit smaller so cut the vegies and fruit smaller to suit, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly other than adding things to the skewer in a random order to be a total non-conformist.
This was a great dinner! I just used some chunks of beef stew meat, but I tossed the pineapple, red onions, and marinade in with it overnight. The pineapple juice tenderized the meat really well. Added tomato to the skewers and they were delicious grilled. (I doubled the marinade, making sure there was plenty for my meat to soak in.)