1/1 Photo of Angry Chicken
Dee in WI's Note:
Got this recipe from a friend of mine, just because the name was funny. When I went to make it, I thought I had made a mistake in writing down the amount of cajun seasoning, so I called her to make sure. She said, "of course it's right. That's why the chicken is angry!". Well, it turned out really good, so I hope you like it, too. Don't be afraid of the spice - it's really not very hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill or cook in a skillet.
- 2Sautee the mushrooms in butter or oil until just done.
- 3For the sauce: Combine garlic and wine.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes to reduce by half.
- 5Add cream and increase heat to bring to a low boil.
- 6Reduce heat to simmer and add cajun seasoning. (Be careful if you use a different brand of Cajun Seasoning - I use McCormick's and it doesn't seem to be too salty)
- 7Simmer 10-15 minutes, add cheeses until smooth.
- 8Add in chicken and mushrooms over low heat.
- 9You can add 1 pound of pasta (cooked) and toss to coat with the sauce, or you can serve the chicken with the sauce over a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.8
- Calories from Fat 755
- Total Fat 83.9 g
- Saturated Fat 47.7 g
- Cholesterol 353.9 mg
- Sodium 356.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: