Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An idea struck me when it was my son’s lunch box day on Fridays. Jon loves Onigiri, so I decided to make him an Angry Birds Lunch Box! Angry Birds Bento Box for a 16-yr-old boy? Never mind, his mum is a big kid too! Guess what? It was my hubby who was more impressed & “snatched” the lunch box from Jon! Yes, Ken brought these Angry Birds to his office instead!!
- 3 tablespoons cooked japanese-style rice
- 2 crabsticks
- 1⁄2 hard-boiled egg
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 sheet nori (seaweed)
- 1 teaspoon salt water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 sheet plastic wrap
- mayonnaise (optional)
- wasabi (optional)
- Mash hard-boiled egg & set aside. Blanch crabmeat in boiling water & drain. Dice it & mix with egg, mayo & pepper.
- Mix Ketchup into 2 tbsp of rice. Using fingers, spread some salt water onto cling wrap. Put 2 tbsp of rice onto palm & top with crabmeat mixture.
- Make into a ball. Add 1 tbsp of white rice to make the bottom of the Red Bird. Press well to combine the two.
- Once you’re done, start cutting out the eyes by using Cheese & Nori & the crown/beak using Carrots. Tada! Here’s your 1st Angry Bird! Serve with mayo & wasabi if you like :).
- So what do you think of this Red Bird? Click here to make the Yellow Bird, White Bird & the King Pig!