Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT7 Africa. An intensely sweet dessert. Pretty much coconut candy. If you love shredded coconut, you’ll be in heaven. Make sure to add plenty of cinnamon; the warm spice rounds out the flavor. From, globaltableadventure.com.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cups grated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook water sugar, and cloves. Stir until dissolved. Heat until mixture reaches soft-ball stage on a candy thermometer (about 240F).
- Using a spoon carefully discard cloves.
- Add coconut and milk. The mixture will clump. Continue to stir until smooth. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve chilled.