Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
ZWT7 Africa. An intensely sweet dessert. Pretty much coconut candy. If you love shredded coconut, you’ll be in heaven. Make sure to add plenty of cinnamon; the warm spice rounds out the flavor. From, globaltableadventure.com.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cups grated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook water sugar, and cloves. Stir until dissolved. Heat until mixture reaches soft-ball stage on a candy thermometer (about 240F).
- Using a spoon carefully discard cloves.
- Add coconut and milk. The mixture will clump. Continue to stir until smooth. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve chilled.