1 hr 5 mins
This is a double-duty sauce -- it also does a stellar job as a basting sauce for a roasted whole bird!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons English mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons treacle (may substitute molasses)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Return to the saucepan and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anglo-Tex Mex Tamarind and Treacle Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g