1 hr 5 mins
This is a double-duty sauce -- it also does a stellar job as a basting sauce for a roasted whole bird!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons English mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons treacle (may substitute molasses)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Return to the saucepan and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anglo-Tex Mex Tamarind and Treacle Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g