1/13 Photos of Anginetti (Italian Lemon Drop Cookies)
Kim D.'s Note:
Like most Italian cookies, these lemon drop cookies aren't too sweet. The perfect summer-time treat or a great addition to your holiday cookie tray!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2For cookies, cream together sugar and shortening.
- 3Add eggs and lemon extract and beat well.
- 4Add flour, baking powder and salt; Mix well.
- 5The dough should be soft and sticky.
- 6With a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto a slightly greased cookie sheet or baking stone, spacing them about 2-inches apart.
- 7Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until firm and lightly brown.
- 8Remove cookies from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- 9For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract and mix until smooth.
- 10Frost the tops of each cookie with a metal spatula.
- 11Allow cookies to dry before stacking.
- 12Store in an airtight container.
- 13~NOTE~If you want to freeze the cookies, freeze unfrosted and frost once thawed.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anginetti (Italian Lemon Drop Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g