HollyMcDonoughGA Chef #403950's Note:
Italian fancy cookies with a pretty icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a mixing bowl beat sugar, vanilla, lemon peel and 6 tablespoons
- 3of butter with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one
- 4at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat for
- 51 minute.
- 6Stir in flour and baking powder (will be a soft, sticky dough).
- 7Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a 3/8-inch round tip.
- 8Pipe 2-inch diameter rings onto the parchment paper.
- 9Wet your fingertips and press ends of each ring together to form
- 10a smooth ring. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11To make icing: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat. Add
- 12sugar, water, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until sugar melts
- 13and mixture is heated through. If icing is too thick to brush easily,
- 14add more water to thin. Remove cookies from oven and immediately
- 15brush warm icing over hot cookies. Cool iced cookies on sheet for
- 162 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anginetti Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g