Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fast and easy microwave meal.
Make and share this Angie's Sweet-And-Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 pound total)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews or 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- 0.333 (12 1/16 ounce) bottle sweet and sour sauce
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole combine chicken pieces, onion, and green pepper.
- Put into microwave on 100% power for 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken pieces, stirring twice.
- Drain off juices.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, sweet-and-sour sauce, and soy sauce, if desired.
- Cook on high for 1 to 2 more minutes or till mixture is heated through.
- Stir cashews or peanuts into chicken mixture.
- Serve with rice if desired.