Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
MADE THIS UP ONE DAY TO PLEASE HUBBY. IT IS FAST,EASY,AND TASTES GREAT.WE HAVE IT OFTEN.IT IS GOOD FOR LUNCH OR SUPPER.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups all natural all-purpose flour (hodgson mill what I use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (coarse)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- about 1/2 inch peanut oil, in skillet
- texas pete hot sauce (FOR DIPPING)
- Cut chicken into desired size strips.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or electric skillet until hot - about 350 degrees Fahrenheit (depends on pan).
- Mix flour and seasonings on a plate.
- Pour milk into a bowl.
- Dip strips into milk, then into flour mixture, back into milk, back into flour mixture, then into pan with the hot oil.
- Cook about 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, according to strip size.
- ALWAYS SERVE WITH TEXAS PETE (HOT SAUCE).
These were good! I dipped in water (had no milk) and fried in Olive Oil, Cut down on the cayenne so as not to make them too spicy for the kids. Quick, easy and yummy!
Thanks for such a great breading recipe for chicken. This was such any easy recipe and comes together really quick. This will definately be made again and again for dinner. Also DH and I couldn't decide which we liked better the hot sauce or the malt vinegar. Again thanks for such a great recipe.
very easy very yummy too~~~~~~~~ nice easy fast dish to make when you have a friend drop in unexpectally just before lunch.. i uses frozen chicken tenders and they worked very well