Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I'm trying various recipes to give my daughter healthful snacks. This is a most recent attempt which I think turned out well. All of the values are estimates, as I was on a 'dump, stir and see' kick.
- 2 cups oatmeal (porridge oats)
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk, skimmed
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup banana, mashed (or the equivalent of one normal-sized banana)
- 1⁄3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in wet ingredients.
- Mixture should be quite stiff (if too liquidy, add flour).
- Spoon out a tbsp sized dollop, and roll into a ball.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
My kids like these, but I hate the taste of banana