Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is definitely a favorite of mine. Unlike bottled dressings, it enhances the salad instead of overpowering it. A simple blend of oil, white wine vinegar, and ingredients most people have on hand, this is absolutely delicious on every tossed salad I've tried it on. And, it's a lot less expensive than bottled dressing!
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (can use olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- I like to let this sit for about a day in the refrigerator to let the flavors really blend.
- Rewhisk before serving.
I did not find this recipe bland as Tebo did but I found it too pungent. I added some Splenda to tone it down and then it was fine for our tastes. Thanks.
This just did not have the umph I like in a dressing. It was just too bland for me.