Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy summertime cake!!!
Make and share this Angie's Easy Rhubarb-Strawberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix) or 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -4 cups rhubarb, cut in pieces and engough to cover cake
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour into 9x13 or 15x10x1 inch pan.
- Drop rhubarb over cake mix.
- Sprinkle sugar over rhubarb.
- Over this sprinkle 1 small pachage strawberry Jell-o (dry).
- Bake at 350F for one hour or until cake is done.
Super easy and SUPER DELICIOUS! Sweet yet tart...I made it with strawberry cake mix for the color and it is just delicious!! HIGH MARKS!
So good and SO easy! I used 3 cups of rhubarb and 3/4 c. sugar which I think I can tweak down even further next time. I used a Duncan Hines strawberry cake mix and this cake is as lovely to look at as it was to eat! The topping ingredients sink to the bottom, and I would recommend refrigerating this cake. All I needed was a dollop of whipped cream and I was in heaven!
This is the best cake EVER i thought i would give it a try and with my abundance of rhubarb i have made 3 cakes in 3 days i cant keep it in this house. It is so easy and so delicious Even the neighbors loved it. I will be using this recipe for every BBQ and cookout..... And i have even started freezing all the rhubarb i can get my hands on for future cakes Thank You Angie :D