1/1 Photo of Angie's Dad's Best Cabbage Coleslaw
Found this recipe on another site, my compliments to Dot. This is a fabulous recipe. Quick and easy. Its good the same day but, make a least a day ahead, up two weeks ahead it's flavor only gets better.It does stays crunchy. People that don't eat coleslaw like this one. Prep time does not include time to marinade. If you use the packaged shredded cabbage it only takes 5 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, add cabbage, carrots, celery and onion.
- 2Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar or splenda, and toss so that it is well mixed in.
- 3In a saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, salt, dry mustard, and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Pour the hot dressing over the cabbage mixture, and mix well.
- 6Can be served once chilled but best put into a large covered container, and refridgerate for at least 24 hrs.
- 7If you let sit longer (flavor increases) it is best to pour off some of the juice before serving.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angie's Dad's Best Cabbage Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g