Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very chocolaty cake. My boys like it cold, my friend likes to serve it hot. Great as is or you can dress it up with homemade whipped cream or a fresh raspberry sauce or whatever your imagination dreams of. The batter is very thick so you need to make sure you stir it well all the way to the bottom of the bowl. You may need to adjust cooking time and temp to your oven. Do not over cook. Better if a slightly under cooked than over cooked. Wrapping with plastic (with a couple of layers) keeps the moisture in. Time listed in prep time includes cooling off period.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker super moist butter recipe cake mix
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs (beat slightly before adding)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl mix together cake mix and puddings with a spoon. Add oil and eggs to dry mixture, use a spoon to mix until blended, then add sour cream and mix until blended. Last add chocolate chips – mix well with spoon to distribute throughout the batter. Turn oven to 350 degrees. Spray bunt pan with baking spray and pour batter into bunt pan. Pick up bunt pan and shake gently to distribute batter evenly. Place in oven for 60 minutes. Allow cake to cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cake plate. Let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes, covered with Press - N – Seal or Plastic wrap or a cake saver dome.