Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Full-flavored, versatile and quick, this sauce tastes like you slaved over it for hours and is good to have on hand for busy weeknights. Its possibilities are endless - a sauce for anything from pastas to Italian sausage or meatball sandwiches, to eggplant parmigiana, or as a dipping sauce for fried mozzarella sticks.
Top Review by Jamie Renee
Fantastic! Great flavor and quick and easy. I added a little more garlic and used my all purpose Italaian seasoning. Delicious! Next time though I'll double the recipe and freeze some.
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (not too dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato sauce and paste, parsley, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan until transparent, but do not brown.
- Add the tomato sauce blend and the red wine.
- Simmer 30 to 45 minutes; stir occasionally.