Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful, creamy and rich banana cream pie. Make sure you chill it for several hours, it's much better cold (if you can wait that long)! Prep time includes time for chilling.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 -3 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Beat softened cream cheese and condensed milk at medium speed until smooth. Add pudding mix and beat until well blended. Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
- Place half of cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Put a layer of sliced bananas over the filling.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the bananas and smooth.
- Garnish with remaining sliced bananas and whipped cream, if desired.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or more.
We really liked this pie. It was quick and easy to put together. I only used 1 banana because it seemed to be enough to make the one layer. That is the only change I made to the recipe and it turned out great! It was very sweet, but we liked it. Thanks angie_pangie! Made for PAC - Fall 2007.
Sorry, I thought it was too sweet and rich for my taste. The filling was very densed I felt as thought I had to drink a lot of water to get the sweetness out of my taste buds.
Hmmm... Mine didn't really look anything like the picture and it definetly wasn't creamy. I am guessing by looking at the picture that you are supposed to mix the whipped topping in with the cream cheese, pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk. But I followed the dirctions and spread the mixture (minus the Cool Whip) on the pie crust and it was really hard to spread. I put the Cool Whip on top. The flavor was really good. It was reeeeally rich, but very tasty. My husband helped himself to three pieces after dinner last night. I'll definitely be making this again, but next time the Cool Whip's going in with the rest of the ingredients. ; ) Thanks, Angie! ~Amy