Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very Easy One Dish Meal. Good!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dill pickle
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pickles and bacon.
The pickles in this ruined it for me. And I am a huge pickle fan. But something about the rice with everything else just didn't strike my fancy.
great recipe! Easy to make and tastes great
The rice was overpowered by the barbeque sauce and the pickles were totally unnecessary. Adding ketchup to the rice when eating it made it a little more likeable so my husband and I ate it but I doubt we will make it again.