Chef AngieW's Note:
very light and fluffy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the first two ingredients.
- 2Beat the egg whites, water, and salt until foamy.
- 3Add the cream of tartar into soft peaks.
- 4Gradually add the sugar, beating into very stiff peaks.
- 5Carefully fold in the extracts.
- 6Then gradually sift in flour-sugar mixture just until blended.
- 7Gently push batter into ungreased 10- inch tube pan. Carefully cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles. Place on lower rack in oven so top doesn't get too dark. Bake at 360 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Invert pan on a funnel to cool.
- 8VARIATIONS: For chocolate cake, remove 3 tablespoons flour from cup and replace it with 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Or add several drops of peppermint flavoring and a little green color instead of vanilla for a mint cake. Ice this cake with chocolate icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angie's Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g