Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
keep in mind that this is from a very old recipe brochure...found it at an estate sale..have not made it myself recipe called for 1 large canned peach half.. not sure of the quantity of the dressing...will have to leave more notes after preparing..
- 2 medium grapefruits
- 1⁄2 cup filberts
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large peach, halved
FRENCH FRUIT DRESSING
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ice cube
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Peel 2 grapefruit and seperate into sections, removing seeds and membrane, keeping the sections whole --.
- Blanch 1/2 cup filberts and cut them in half.mix in 1 cup diced celery and moisten with enough mayonnaise to hold together --.
- Place a canned peach half, cut side up on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves --.
- fill the cavity in the peach with the celery mixture, heaping it in a mound --.
- arrange the grapefruit sections around the edge of the peach --.
- Cut 1 large marshmallow into quarters --.
- place one piece on top of the celery mound.
- and use the other pieces close together on top of the grapefruit.
- serve very cold with mayonnaise or FRENCH FRUIT DRESSING:.
- to prepare DRESSING:.
- mix salt and paprika in a bowl with a small ice cube --.
- pour in 4 tblsful of olive oil, stir slowly until the oil is frozen.
- mix together juice of 1 medium lemon, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 tbls cider vinegar.
- beat into the oil, continue beating till well blended.