Recipe by grandma2969
not sure of amount when prepared...can be used as a topping for fruit, puddings..etc..found it in a vintage recipe brochure found at an estate auction..
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 large egg white
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- boil sugar and water together for about 5 minutes or until it forms a thin syrup --
- add marshmallows cut in pieces.and remove from the fire --
- let stand for 2 minutes -- then pour slowly on the stiffly beaten egg white.
- add peppermint extract and serve cold.
- about 1/2 tsp of finely crushed mint leaves may be used instead of the peppermint extract.