Recipe by Angel_wings
As a young girl I would love making this meal for my family as it came my turn to cook. Only one problem, I never made enough. This recipe only serves 6. I always had to double my recipe. I am certain you might enjoy it too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (or other meat based on preference)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup oats (or bread Crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large olives, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix thoroughly beef, 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce and remaining ingredients(excluding catsup).
- Spread in ungreased pan. (I used a small cake pan rather than a loaf pan to allow for even cooking). Spread remaining tomato sauce over loaf. Pour catsup atop the sauce in a decorative manner.
- I recommend dusting lightly with ground cinnamon for added flavor.
- Bake in 350°F oven 1 hour and 15 minutes.