Recipe by Silent Rain
A rich and delicious fluffy roll with just the right amount of crust and an awesome taste! Try it with all ingredients called for, then if you have adjustments to make, by all means go ahead! Watch for the coloring on the rolls as you don't want to get them too dark! :) *Preparation time includes all steps except baking; depending on machine cycle length. Make SURE you grease your pan or they will stick, even on non-stick! Use 1 tsp salt as noted below if you are not on a salt restricted diet. Same recipe as used for my Angel Bread - Bread Machine Recipe
Top Review by Lorie B
What a great recipe. I have made this one many times. Recently, I wanted to make some savory monkey bread muffins. I took this recipe and divided it into 24 . Cut each piece into little bites and rolled 1st in melted butter and then into a 4 cheese blend (provolone, asiago, parmesan & romano), let rise and then sprinkled tops with Kosher salt. Bake 375 for 10 mins. Half of these were gone before we sat down to dinner. Everyone wanted the recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer (I use the creamer) or 3 tablespoons powdered milk (I use the creamer)
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine manual (per manufacturer).
- Select dough cycle and push start.
- When cycle is done, remove the dough to a lightly floured board, cut into 12 - 24 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a roll and place in a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 50 - 60 minutes).
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 - 20 minutes (depending on size) or till golden.
- (smaller rolls will be done closer to 10 minutes - larger rolls closer to 20).
- *Note: You may brush with an egg wash prior to baking (1 egg + 3 Tbls. water) or brush with butter straight out of the oven! -- or leave plain. You can also add sesame seeds or poppy seeds on the rolls after you egg wash them prior to baking! :) The possibilities are endless! :).
- **For those watching their sodium content you can use as little as 1/4 tsp of salt and they will still turn out wonderful.