Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious appetizer for your next party. These little angels can be broiled in your oven indoors or on a grill outdoors. From Global Gourmet.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 12 shucked oysters, washed and dried
- 6 slices lean bacon
- Mix the white wine, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Add the oysters and marinate 10 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut each bacon slice in half, and wrap each oyster with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil on both sides until the bacon is crisp.
- Keep warm on a heating tray.
These were really special Stella! I'd never thought about marinating oysters in wine before but it worked really well and gave them a distinctive but subtle taste. The only change I made was using around double the amount of garlic. By half-wrapping the oysters in bacon and leaving bacon-side down most of the time it also protected them from some of the direct heat so they weren't over-cooked.