Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ate a similar burrito to this at Sonic and loved it. I was suprised that for a little burrito it filled me up. This recipe is large because I love to make these and freeze them for those mornings when I am in a hurry, but need to eat.
- Heat oven to temp as instructed on package. Line a baking sheet with foil then spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Lay tater tots on pan and sprinkle with salt. Cook until done, set aside to cool completely.
- Brown sausage in a skillet until done. Drain to remove fat then set aside to cool completely.
- Scramble eggs and cook until desired doneness. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once all cooked ingredients are cooled completely, begin making burritos. Lay sausage, then eggs, then cheese, then tater tots on a tortilla. Roll tortilla into a burrito. Set aside.
- Once all burritos are rolled, cover each in plastic wrap. Use a freezer safe plastic bag to store burritos inches.
- Use salsa when you reheat burritos. Burritos take 2-3 minutes to reheat, depending on your microwave.
This is wonderful. I had this for breakfast this morning and we loved it. I think you could cut the sausage in half because, even making half the recipe, I had a lot of sausage left over (over half) and I could not have fit any more in the burritos. I put these together and baked them at 400 for about 10 minutes to brown the tortillas and melt the cheese. The rest will go in the freezer for the coming week. Very good and thanks.
i had to take out the tater tots as my oven died :( but it was still pretty good:)
Pretty good! Easy to make. Agreed with the other reviews saying you can cut the sausage in half. As is, the sausage might be just too much. Also, make sure the sausages drain real well and maybe squeeze some extra grease out of them. You will also need large tortillas to hold all the ingredients. Overall, fairly close to Sonic, and pretty tasty!