There are several other black bean recipes here. This one is mine and like one contributor said, "feel free to add what you like". As I was "inventing" this there were several variations I already came up with (my husband said to leave it alone, it was great like it was) so I will leave that to y'all. The stew meat has to be cooked just to medium at first, let it still be a little pink; otherwise it turns out tough and do cut it into smaller pieces. The wheat tortillas add a new flavor and of course are better for us. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Angelcook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g chunked stew meat (cut into smaller pieces)
- 118.29 ml chopped white onion
- 14.78 ml olive oil (for frying)
- 411.06 g can black beans, drained
- 113.39 g can green chilies, drained
- 73.94 ml Pace Picante Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 113.39 g monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, blend grated
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 12 teaspoons olive oil in medium skillet.
- 2cut stew meat into smaller pieces.
- 3fry cut up stew meat, just 'till almost done; still showing pink.
- 4remove to paper plate to hold for a few minutes.
- 5a teaspoon more olive oil into pan to fry onion until soft.
- 6turn flame to low.
- 7add black beans, green chilies and piquante sauvce.
- 8blend gently with spatula.
- 9cook on low for just 10 minutes, turn off heat.
- 10plate 2 tortillas, heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- 11remove and place 1 heaping teaspoon of sour cream down center of tortilla.
- 12scoop 1/4 cup from skillet and follow sour cream down center.
- 13top with cheese, fold over or fold like burrito.
- 14serve with rice or quacamole and corn chips.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel's Black Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 1023.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g