Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are several other black bean recipes here. This one is mine and like one contributor said, "feel free to add what you like". As I was "inventing" this there were several variations I already came up with (my husband said to leave it alone, it was great like it was) so I will leave that to y'all. The stew meat has to be cooked just to medium at first, let it still be a little pink; otherwise it turns out tough and do cut it into smaller pieces. The wheat tortillas add a new flavor and of course are better for us. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Angelcook
- 226.79 g chunked stew meat (cut into smaller pieces)
- 118.29 ml chopped white onion
- 14.78 ml olive oil (for frying)
- 411.06 g can black beans, drained
- 113.39 g can green chilies, drained
- 73.94 ml Pace Picante Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 113.39 g monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, blend grated
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil in medium skillet.
- cut stew meat into smaller pieces.
- fry cut up stew meat, just 'till almost done; still showing pink.
- remove to paper plate to hold for a few minutes.
- a teaspoon more olive oil into pan to fry onion until soft.
- turn flame to low.
- add black beans, green chilies and piquante sauvce.
- blend gently with spatula.
- cook on low for just 10 minutes, turn off heat.
- plate 2 tortillas, heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- remove and place 1 heaping teaspoon of sour cream down center of tortilla.
- scoop 1/4 cup from skillet and follow sour cream down center.
- top with cheese, fold over or fold like burrito.
- serve with rice or quacamole and corn chips.