Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pretty to look at -- more fun to eat! Angella makes these delicious tarts that are unspeakably yummy. We begged her for the recipe. I still haven't made it but I decided that the world would be better off if I posted it anyways. Enjoy!
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 354.88 ml flour
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 141.74 g can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Use tiny muffin tins – approximately 1 ½” diameter. This would yield about 3 dozen.
- Mix ingredients for shortbread in mixmaster. (butter, icing sugar, flour, cornstarch) Don’t roll but pat into muffin tins with your fingers to form shells. Prick the bottoms with a fork and bake 20 minutes at 300 to 325 degrees. During baking time, prick bottoms again if the shells puff up. These may be made in large quantity and frozen.
- Cheese ‘N Fruit Filling: In a large bowl beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- O.K. Now, fill tarts at least 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend. Top with fresh fruit (i.e. kiwi, strawberries).