Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a local restaurant. The original sandwich is served on house baked pugliese but you can certainly use your favorite bread whichever that might be-multigrain, whole wheat, sourdough, etc. Make your basic vinaigrette replacing standard vinegar with raspberry vinegar. Skip the gouda cheese and use an egg-free mayonnaise substitute if you want the sandwich vegan.
- 2 slices pugliese bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 slice smoked gouda cheese
- 2 avocados, slices
- 2 tomatoes, slices
- 2 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 pepperoncini pepper, stemmed and sliced thinly
- gourmet greens (your choice)
- black pepper
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing (about 1 tablespoon more or less)
- Decide if you want your bread toasted first.
- Spread one slice of bread with mayonnaise. Arrange the greens on top.
- Place the remaining ingredients on the other slice of bread and finish by sprinkling lightly with the raspberry vinaigrette. Note: if you don't toast the bread and then add too much vinaigrette, it will make the sandwich soggy.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Incredible combination. Non-vegetarians will love this too!
I used whole grain bread and really enjoyed this sandwich! Loved the raspberry vinaigrette. Yummy and healthy, who could ask for more?