Recipe by Expat in Holland
This was my cousin's recipe that was one of my favorites from childhood. The flavors are wonderful and the meal is so quick to put together. Just add a nice salad, crusty bread and a glass of italian red wine and you have a fabulous quick and tasty meal.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chop
- 1⁄3 cup prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips widthwise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated fine
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta as directed and drain.
- Meanwhile in a heave pan, heat butter. Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add cream and parsley to pan and bring to a boil. Let boil 1 minute until thickened. Add proscuitto and stir well. Remove from heat and add parmsean, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl combine sauce with pasta and toss. Let set for 1 minutes so liquid absorbs.
- Garnish with extra parsley and cheese.