1/2 Photos of Angelina’s Hot Chocolate
The Angelina Cafe in Paris, open since 1903, serves a thick hot chocolate in demitasse cups with a tiny dollop of mascarpone and whipped cream. They are famous for making hot chocolate from melted chocolate bars. It is incredibly easy to prepare by mixing chocolate shavings with hot water. You can serve it in small cups or in 17th-century style chocolate pots and demitasse cups such as those sold in gourmet shops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler over low heat, combine chocolate and 1/4 cup water until melted, stir until smooth.
- 2Remove top of double boiler pan from.
- 3Whisk in 3 tablespoons hot water.
- 4Pour into pitcher or divide among individual 4 mugs.
- 5Either stir 3/4 cup hot milk into each mug or serve milk in a separate pitcher.
- 6Pass sugar and whipped cream in separate bowls; add to taste.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angelina’s Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.1
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.4 g