Prep 10 mins
Cook 3360 hrs
Finish off a large meal with a tiny glass of this. Cook time is the maturation time.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 20 coriander seeds
- 2 -3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons crystallised angelica
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 1 bottle vodka
- Crush the fennel, aniseed, coriander seeds and cloves a little and chop the angelica stems.
- Put the seeds and angelica stems into a large preserving jar.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour on the vodka and leave by a sunny window for 2 weeks, swirling the mixture daily.
- Strain through find muslin into a sterilised bottle and seal.
- Leave in a dark place for at least 4 months.
- Drink in small quantities with a piece of angelica in each glass.
This recipe is delicious, however, it took me a couple of months to find "CRYSTALIZED ANGELICA" I found it at THE PASTA SHOP-5655 COLLEGE AVE- OAKLAND CA 94518. It was $11.00/lb + shp. I e-mailed a friend in England and she couldn't find it. It's candied like fruit cake mix but doesn't have a distinctive flavor. I'm not sure what it did to the flavor, but it's good.