Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to have strawberries and great for those hot summer days!I got this from GH&G website.This needs to be frozen for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry, fresh or frozen unsweetened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Put strawberries and sugar in the freezer bag.
- Zip the bag closed, pressing out excess air.
- Mash strawberries and sugar together in the bag.
- Add whipped topping mix and milk, zip the bag, then squeeze the mix.
- Add yogurt to the mixture in the bag, seal it, then squeeze the mixture until well blended.
- Place in the freezer to harden (about two to four hours).
- After two hours, remove bag from freezer.
- Squeeze mixture to make texture creamier.
- Eat at soft-serve consistency or return to freezer.
- Makes one quart.
- To prepare fresh fruit for recipe mixtures or toppings, put fruit in freezer bag, remove excess air and zip closed.
- Mash, squeeze or knead to soften fruit.
- To crumble cookies or candy for recipe mixtures or toppings, put in freezer bag, remove excess air and zip closed.
- Use a rolling pin to crush cookies or candy.
- To support the freezer bag upright while adding ingredients, turn the zipper back to form a"cuff.
- "Stand bag in a small bowl.
Easy and excellent! I think any berry would be wonderful with this recipe. Even my dad gave it a thumbs up, he said it tasted like homemade ice cream from when he was little (1940's) it's the tang from the yogurt that makes it different. I did do one thing different. I don't use lots of packaged items so I used 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1/2 a cup of whole milk in place of the 1 cup of milk and left out the topping mix. Still wonderful. Thanks.
This recipe is superb and easy to make. I was amazed with the outcome, very yummy.
Thanks for the recipe and I was able to used my strawberry and plain yogurt leftovers.
Outstanding! We loved it and I will be making it again. I used 2% milk and splenda in place of the sugar. Next time I think I will add more strawberries, it was very nice flavour but thought it could do with a little more strawberry flavour. Thanks for posting a fun and delicious recipe, great for summer!!