Recipe by Manda
This is a very refreshing, nice summer dessert. Very simple to prepare. You can use any pie filling that you wish, but we like lemon the best...it makes a nice contrast with the sweetness of the cream cheese mixture.
Top Review by Deb G
This is delicious and easy as is, but I usually prepare the cream cheese mixture and divide evenly between two graham cracker pie crusts and top with the lemon pie filling. I first made this so I can share one with my mother and keep one for my family. We all absolutely love it. I have made this numerous times and should have reviewed it sooner.
- 1 prepared angel food cake or 1 cake, cut in small pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (15 ounce) can lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- chopped walnuts, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- In 13X9-inch pan, layer the cubes of cake, packing them tightly together.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over the cake cubes in pan.
- Spread pie filling over top of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.