Recipe by mielhollinger
If there is a heaven, it will have the aroma of baked apples. If heaven has a restaurant, it will serve this apple crisp recipe. Since we're not in heaven yet, we might as well eat as if we are. This recipe is best with ice cream. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 6 -8 apples, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Place onto a lightly oiled baking dish and mix in the optional raisins.
- In a small bowl, mix together the juice and maple syrup.
- Pour the juice mixture over the apples and raisins evenly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oat flakes, flour, margarine, sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and optional nuts.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over top of apples and bake for 30-40 minutes.