Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my friend's own recipe--yum!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked, drained and cooled)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese (cubed)
- 3 green onions (green part only, chopped)
- 3 dill pickles (diced)
- 1 (3 ounce) cansliced black olives (drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed and drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo and dressing mix until very well blended. I.
- n a large bowl gently mix the other ingredients, then add the dressing, tossing together until well coated.
- Refrigerate until chilled through.
- *Tip: There should be about the same amount of cheese, pickles, green onions, olives and peas. I mix these with the pasta to see if it *looks* right before adding the sauce.
This was good pasta salad. It went together very quickly and easily, with ingredients that I always have on hand. My family usually prefers a sweeter salad, using sweet pickles instead of dill, but this was a nice change of pace. We really liked the addition of Jack cheese instead of the usual cheddar. Thank you for sharing!!