Recipe by aunty carol
This dessert is great its lovely and refreshing, only use fresh lemons. I especially like it served with fresh raspberries and strawberries and after something spicy. Caz.
- 1 (405 g) can condensed milk
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 8 ounces single trifle sponge cakes (not the fingers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 2 pint loaf tin with clingfilm, if i dampen the tin with water the clingfilm sticks to the sides easier.
- Whisk egg yolks until thick and creamy them add the condensed milk, lemon zest and juice and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks, then fold into the lemony mixture.
- Line loaf tin with trifle sponges on sides, if you have enough sponge to line the base then do. Pour half mixture into tin then layer with sponge add remainder of mixture. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, remove clingfilm covering, place a plate ontop and upturn, remove tin and then clingfilm. Serve sliced with fresh fruit.